Find Your Perfect Home
We want to make your experience in finding your next dream home an enjoyable one! Find houses for rent in San Diego and surrounding areas by selecting from our list of rental homes, or by entering your search criteria below. Give us a call today and we will help you find the perfect rental property! Application processing fee is $50.00 per applicant to be submitted at time of application. If the application is completed online the fee must be paid by credit/debit card. If the application is hand-written and submitted in office, the fee must be paid by cashier’s check, or money order only. This is a non-refundable fee.
Please be sure all hand-written applications are legible and contain complete information of address of phone numbers requested. Applications will not be processed until all required information and documentation have been received. Upon approval, move-in funds must be received within 48 hours of approval and acceptance of application and the lease must be signed within 24 hours of its receipt.
At McLain Properties, our top priority is you.
As the world continues to deal with the ongoing coronavirus situation, we would like to assure you that we have taken all measures necessary to ensure your safety and well-being at each of our distinctive properties. Cleanliness and hygiene standards at our properties are of paramount importance to ensure the safety of our tenants and team daily. We are currently following the measures listed below throughout all of our rental homes in San Diego.
- Increased move-in and move-out cleaning protocols, with special attention to high touch items and areas.
- Ongoing enhanced training and coronavirus awareness, updating our team in response to this evolving situation with the most current information.
- Observe CDC recommendations and protocols. McLain Properties staff and representatives are equipped with masks, gloves, and booties to decrease potential exposure.
- Virtual showings- we will be conducting video showings during this time. Prospects will still go through the normal pre-qualification process.
Summary of Rental Qualifications and Application Process:
Required Information – ID, 3 months most recent pay stubs (or previous year’s tax return if self-employed, etc…), landlord contact info for last 5 years, pet photo provided with application (if applicable) and fully completed application. All adults age 18+ must apply & pay a $50 app fee.
Security Deposits and Move In Costs -If approved, we require the security deposit and first month’s rent to be paid in full, upon signing the lease. If conditionally approved, you may be offered the rental with an increased deposit.
Common Reasons to be Declined – Incomplete application, evictions, collections from landlords, poor credit history, insufficient income, unsatisfactory references, non-discharged bankruptcies, unqualified occupants, pets and/or move in dates too far in future can also be a reason for a declined application.
– Rental applicants with household pets or service/companion/assistive animals are required to submit a per pet application through a third-party pet screening vendor as part of our rental application process. This screening process has a non-refundable fee of $20. If you are applying with an emotional support animal or service animal, we require that you complete an application to validate your service animal. The application fee will be refunded so long as the animal is verified through petscreening.com.
– Non-refundable pet fee of $200-$350 per pet due with move in funds for household pets. Pet rent may also be applicable. Your pet’s overall score will determine the pet fee. Ex: A score of 4-5 would be $200 pet fee, a 3 would be a $275, a 2 would be a $350 and a 1 would be denied.
– Pet limits may apply per individual property
– Guard dog breeds are not permitted, unless they are an approved service/companion/assistive animal(s)
For pet applications click here
Contact McLain Properties to Schedule Your Appointment Today at 760-434-6161